Friday, November 11, 2011

FINALLY!! Blog Post

In response to question #1:
    
       At the start of this class, I was a rare reader and, actually, I think since the start of high school, I haven't read a single book independently.  The reason for my lack of independent reading wasn't that I didn't like to read, but because I didn't have the time to read.  One thing this class has taught me is that, like brushing your teeth, you have to make time for reading. And, like brushing your teeth, the time you make for reading will benefit you in the long run.  Prior to high school, I would read a lot of pop fiction books that any other teenager would read such as the Harry Potter and Twilight series. Books like those were adventurous to me and I always maintained interest throughout the book.  I would read because I wanted to know for myself what everyone was talking about in their little Harry Potter- twilight discussions.  If it weren't for public interest, I probably wouldn't have read either book.  Now, I read out of my own curiosty, and I find the books I read independently. It makes me feel successful to know that because I read a book and shared it with a friend, that I can pass on that books meaning and have it be appreciated by another reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment