Saturday, September 10, 2011

Finishing Can You Keep a Secret?

     Sadly, sadly I have come to the end of the amazing novel Can You Keep a Secret? By: Sophie Kinsella. =( It was a great book and I would recommend this book to any girl out there, (or guy if you're into chick flicks.) Because this is my last post in relation to this book, I really don't want to add many spoilers but rather discuss my overall feelings toward the book.  It was a great book and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.  So don't read it in a public place or you will definitely end up embarrassing yourself to death. The ending is pretty predictable, Jack and Emma end up together and are quite happy despite their tumultuous start.  Jack, the owner of the company which Emma is employed, bases his new business promo off of all the deep dark secrets that Emma told him when they first met on the plane, leaving Emma is left hurt and embarrassed. This creates some tension between them but they make it through it in the end. Just such a great great book I do hope someone else reads it. 
    So after finishing this book I began reading Sugar Daddy By: Lisa Kleypas. I only read the first 45 pages but it seems like a good chic-flic.  I read up on the author and she is a native to Texas and has wrote over 20 historical novels and kind of switched it up by writing a contemporary romance.  The narrator, Liberty, is an innocent cowgirl native to Texas, and is stuck between two wealthy men both trying to win her affection.  ;) Gotta wait and see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment