Sunday, October 16, 2011

My 3 Favorite Sentences of the First Quarter

1. "Detoxes are really human aquariums, a place where large, Librium- infused human bob here and there, watched by the staff through thick plate glass in case one of them freaks out or starts flopping around." -Night Of The Gun


2. "Stay serene and loving and remember that we are all sacred links in the eternal circle of life." -Can You Keep a Secret?


3. "I don't care about money until I run out of it." - The Night Of The Gun


*** Why are these my favorite Quotes?:


Quote number one provides a perspective to alcoholism that the onlooker normally doesn't consider: that of the alcoholic.  When I read it, I realized how humiliating it must be for an alcoholic to redirect his life to being the center of attention in a negative aspect.  It almost made me feel a sense of sadness toward alcoholics.  


Quote number to was a positive reminder to me that whether or not I like someone, I should still respect them because he or she are still an important role in life.


Quote Number 3 describes my spending habits.  I can definitely relate!  Every time I get paid, its no biggie spending a little here and there, but then when i'm broke, its a problem. Doesn't that seem to be how the workl works?

No comments:

Post a Comment